Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Creativity is...



These gorgeous Paper Cuts are made by the Papercraft artist Julene.

"...Hi, I’m
Julene and I can create custom Paper Cuts for you. Everything you see below is a commission that I have handcut. They make for terrific gifts – Mothers Day, first wedding anniversary (it's paper!), wedding gifts, birthdays, family mottos or just something special you want to say..." http://madebyjulene.com/

Julene's Paper Cuts are beautifully executed and display great crafts(wo)manship. Her use of elegant detail and unique typography makes these paper cuts a prefect framed edition to your home or office. The detail is amazing and I really admire her patience and skill. Some of the listed quote are seriously sweet, the below has to be one of my favourites

"...I carry your Heart. I carry it in my Heart..."


2 comments:

Marcus Kirkpatrick said...

That is probably one of the greatest things I have ever seen.
The attention to detail is amazing, especially around some of the indiviudal letters.
Whilst I prefer the message in the second image more, (and therefore, it is my favourite), I really, really appreciate all of the effort involved in the first, for example, the numerous bells and the weathervane. Unfortunately though, there seems to be just too much going on it (at least for my liking). :-/
It's amazing that so much can be done with a piece of paper and a steady hand!

Gandhali said...

oh my goodness, that's amazing! i wish i could be as patient [to actually do that!] ... !!